24 March 2013

7. Moment 4 Life?

I've been waiting for the moment to do this forever. Drake leaned in and kissed Nicki softly.

"Hold on you kissed her?" Michael shouted, wide eyed.

"Drake shoots! He scores!" Henry laughed.

~

What is happening? Nicki thought as Drake kissed her.

This is my best friend... I shouldn't be doing this. She kissed him back and let her lips linger on his.

I need to stop this right now. Drake tried to kiss Nicki again but was lightly pushed away.

Nicki sat there still in shock. She didn’t say a word, they both remained silent. All that could be heard was their soft breaths. 

"What the..." Lauren said shocked.

"I can't believe it" Candi whispered, silently spazzing in her head.

"Yes!" TT screamed and everyone on the field turned around to look at her. “Go back to whatever you were doing” Nicki squinted her eyes at her. "I mean..."

~

Better than I thought. Drake thought as Nicki pushed him away. He reached out to touch her arm but was stopped by her talking.

"I've got to go" Nicki grabbed her coat and made a dash for the door.

"Nicki wait!" Drake chased after her but it was too late, Nicki was already out of the door.

"Nicki!" Drake shouted as he saw her running down the street.

"Ooh" Drake's crew shouted.

"I messed up big time!" Drake ran his fingers over his face in frustration.

"It isn't that bad" Paul said.

 ~

“Oh my... What happened after that?” Lauren asked.

Nicki continued running till she reached the end of Drake's street. Why did Drake kiss me?

"Why am I crying?" Nicki said aloud, wiping the stray tears on her face. After she sorted herself out, she walked the rest of the way.

“Onika, is that you?” Robert asked.

“Yes dad”

“What you doing back so early?” Carol said as she sat down next to Robert.

“I don’t feel well” Nicki lied.

“Aww, would you like some tea?”

“No thank you. I’m just going to have a shower and got to bed, I’ll feel better in the morning”

“If you need anything, just call me. Okay?”

“Okay, goodnight” Nicki walked up the stairs.

“Goodnight” Carol and Robert shouted back.

"Wow, you did what?" Candi exclaimed.

"I know I shouldn't have kissed him back but... I don’t know.” Nicki scrolled through her phone. Why did that kiss feel so wrong but so right?

“Why did you run off?” TT said. “If you don’t mind me asking”

"My best friend kissed me! Not like friends, like I don't know” Nicki sighed. “It was strange, what best friend does that?"

The girls stayed quiet.

"So have you talked to him?" Lauren asked.

"Not since the incident"

"That was almost a week ago, you guys used to talk to each other every day!" TT said.

"I just need time to wrap my head around everything" Nicki put her phone on vibrate and put it in her pocket.

~

"You haven't talked to her since?" Thomas asked.

"Nah, I want to call her. You know sort everything out, I know she's confused about it. I think she needs a bit of space" Drake explained.

"You need to talk to her" Ryan suggested.

"I don’t think I can"

"Are you scared?" Noah said.

"Hell no" Drake grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

~

"We will begin the coursework for the next exam next week. The exam will be in June, and before you ask I don't know what day in June" Mrs. Bryce told the class.

"Miss, what percentage of our overall grade is it?" A girl in the class asked.

"40, any more questions?" The class remained silent indicating that they had no more questions.

"Good, for today's lesson we will plan out what we are going to do for the coursework...."

Nicki zoned out the rest of her teacher's speech. I need to get out of here.

"Yes?"

"Please can I go to the toilet?"

'Yes but be quick!" Nicki tucked her chair under her desk, walked towards the door and down the hallway to the toilets.

Once she was inside the toilets, she received a text message saying that she had a voice mail.

"One new voice mail"

Drake's voice came through the speaker of her phone "We need to talk. Call me or text me... please"

Message deleted. No new messages.

On her way back to her class, she noticed that something was sticking out of her locker. She walked over and pull the remainder of it out and read the message written on it.

I didn't mean for it to happen, it just did and I'm sorry. If you still don’t know who I am, it won’t be long before you find out. - A




I didn't like this chapter at all :/ I posted this yesterday but when I re-read it, I saw some mistakes and I added an extra bit to it. 



2 comments:

  1. Ok I need the next chapter now plliiiiiiiiiisssssss omg my nerves!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:26 am

    I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete