23 May 2013

15. King & Queen



I just wanted to say before you read the chapter, I don't know how proms work and stuff since I don't have my prom till next year but I did try, so sorry for any mistakes :)


"Right, is everything going to plan? You know for prom night?" Lauren asked.

"So where we getting the limo from?" Candi questioned.

"I say we all meet at one of our houses and we get changed there. Who has the biggest bedroom?" TT stated.

"Umm... I'd say Nicki" Candi said.

"Yeah, I was going to say Nicki too and she has an en-suite bathroom so it won't be embarrassing if our towels slip off or something" Lauren told them.

"Right then. Nicki's it is!" TT smiled.

"So I don't have a say in this?" Nicki asked.

"Nope" They laughed.

~

"Mum, Dad! Can I ask you something?" Nicki said, walking down the stairs into the living room.

"You just did!" Robert laughed. Nicki stared at him blankly, "I'm just playing with you, what do you want pumpkin?"

Nicki cringed at the nickname her dad gave her. "So you know how prom's on Friday?"

"Yes"

"Can the girls come over and get changed and stuff? Because we're getting a limo from here to prom so I thought it would be a good idea."

Robert and Carol had a quick discussion before they came up with an answer. "Yes they can but make sure your room is clean when they come over" Carol said.

"My room is always clean but okay, thank you"

"You're welcome" 

"Oh and can ours date meet us here too? But a few minutes before the limo arrives."

"I guess so but no earlier!" Carol said and Nicki raced upstairs to her room.

She grabbed her phone and called TT. "Hey TT, they said yes!"

"That's great. I'll tell the others" The phone beeped twice before Nicki heard some shuffling then she heard someone scream and pulled her phone away from her ear. 

"Have y'all calmed down yet?"

"Yes"

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. I have another call coming through."

"Bye" TT shouted and the call ended.

Alright then. "Hello?"

"Hey baby"

"Oh it's you" Nicki said in a bland tone.

"You better put some more pep in your voice, I have a surprise for you"

"Oooooooh, what is it?"

"It's a surprise so I can't tell you"

"So why bring it up? Now I'm going to be thinking about what it is. I hate you"

"Love you too" After Drake said that the call ended.

~

"So we all have dates right?" Nicki asked when they all sat down at their lunch table.

"Yes, I have Jerome" TT said.

"I have Dominic" Candi said.

"And I have Josh" Lauren said.

"Hold on, who's Josh?" Nicki asked.

"Oh, he's my mum's friend’s son. He's hot!" Lauren told them.

"I can't wait to meet him then" Nicki said.

"Yeah yeah, can we get some food now?" Candi asked.

~

It was now Friday, the night of their school prom. Nicki heard the bell ring and a bunch of knocks on the door.

"Heyyyyyyy!" TT, Candi and Lauren shouted.

"Come in!" Nicki opened the door so they could scurry through.

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Maraj" They shouted and waved.

"Hello girls"

"Y'all can just go up to my room, I will be up soon" The girls obliged and went up the stairs to her room.

"So I know one of you is waiting to say something to me..."

"Well we just wanted to tell you the limo company called and the limo is going to be here at 8pm sharp"

"Okay. Thanks" Nicki smiled before she dashed upstairs.

~

"The limo is coming in 5 minutes, hurry up! And your dates are here!" Carol shouted from downstairs.

"We're coming!" Nicki shouted. TT put fastened her heels, Candi re-fluffed her hair and Lauren flattened down her dress.

"Girls!" Carol shouted again.

"I just said we're coming!" Nicki shouted and immediately regretted it. "I mean give us 2 seconds"

Nicki grabbed her bag and waited for the rest of them to finish getting ready. A few seconds, everyone was ready and making their way downstairs.

"Men, the girls are on their way down. Stand in a line near the stairs" Robert told them.

One by one the girls descended down the stairs. First Nicki came down, then Candi came down. After Candi, Lauren came downstairs and lastly TT came down as each girl walked down the stairs a few pictures were taken.

The girls stood next to their dates. "You look great babe" Drake whispered in Nicki's ear. "Thank you" Nicki smiled.

Jerome, Josh and Dominic handed TT, Candi and Lauren a rose. "Thank you" They said in unison. Their little moment was disturbed by a horn beeping.

"That must be the limo" TT said and she grabbed Jerome’s hand pulling him towards the door.

"Oop! Looks like we're going!" Candi said and she and Dominic followed behind TT and Jerome.

Lauren shrugged and pulled Josh with her as she walked towards the door. "Bye Mr and Mrs. Maraj" They called as they walked out the door waving.

"Bye, have fun" Robert and Carol shouted back.

"Wait you two" Carol said as Drake and Nicki were about to start walking towards the door.

"Aww what now?" Nicki moaned.

"I just wanted to say you look beautiful" Carol said, "And Drake, you're looking very handsome"

"Why thank you" Drake smiled.

"Yeah, thanks mum" Nicki smiled.

"And I know, I'm hold you guys up but I wanted to get a picture of you two together"

"Umm, okay" Nicki and Drake stood next to each other and smiled while Carol snapped a picture.

"Don't they look great together, Robert?" Carol said showing Robert the photo she had just taken.

"Yes they do" he replied.

"A few more and you can go" Carol snapped 5 more pictures before Nicki and Drake were finally able to go to the limo.

~

In the limo, the teenagers were talking about random things to keep them entertained through the journey.

"Anyway, who are y'all voting for prom queen and king?" Nicki asked.

"I would vote for myself but you know since you can't, I think I'll vote for one of you guys"

"Aww thanks" They smiled.

"I think I'll do that too" Lauren said and the rest of them said something similar.

40 minutes later, the limo pulled outside at the venue for the prom.

"We're here" Lauren sang. Since Lauren was by the door, she got out first followed by the rest of them.

~

2 hours into the prom and everyone had had a few cups of punch and were feeling a bit relaxed.

Nicki was sat at a table, slowly drinking from her cup when she heard Justin Timberlake's mirrors playing. "This is my favourite song, come and dance!" She said, gesturing her friends to join her.

"Let me finish this!" TT told her, she drank the rest of her punch then she grabbed Jerome’s hand dragging him to the dancefloor.

Lauren sighed before whispering in Josh's ear and they both got up.

"Candiceeee!" Nicki said, extending the e in her name.

"Onika, I don't want to" Candi told her.

"Everyone else is! So you'll be here by yourself." Nicki said.

"Ergh, fine. Come on Dominic!" Candi and Dominic went to dance. Nicki and Drake followed them.

They all swayed with their partner to the song and when the chorus played everyone sang along.

Cause I don't wanna lose you now. I'm looking right at the other half of me.

The girls strangely all spun away from their partners then spun back in. 

The vacancy that sat in my heart is a space that you now hold.

The pairs spun around together and swayed again.

Everyone continued dancing until the song ended. Just as Drake was ready to sit down again, Nicki pulled him arm letting him know he wouldn't be going anywhere and Miguel's adorn came on.

After dancing to another three songs, Nicki finally let Drake sit down and she went to grab another cup of punch. While she took a sip, someone whispered in her ear.

"I see you're having fun"

"I am actually, and why do you care? I thought you got yourself a date from one of the desperate girls"

"I do have a date, I was going to ask you if you wanted to dance with me"

"Why would you want to dance with me? Go back to your date" Nicki said then began to walk away, Jason pulled Nicki's arm pulling her back towards him. "Just one dance"

"I said no, now leave me alone asshole"

When I wanted him, he seemed so nice and laid back and he never gave a fuck about me. Now that I don't want him, he won't leave me alone. What is happening?

~

"Settle down kids, settle down! It's time to announce who has been voted prom king and queen"

An envelope was passed to the principal and he grabbed his glasses out his pockets so he could read the results.

"Okay, your prom queen is...".The drummer played a little beat for anticipation.”Onika Maraj"

The spotlight shone brightly over Nicki, "Why is so bright in here?" Nicki asked completely unaware of the situation.

"You were voted prom queen now get your ass up on the stage" Lauren said.

Nicki walked through the space on the dancefloor towards the stage as the other students clapped for her. A crown was placed on her head by a member of the students committee.

"Say a speech" The principal told her, "but please make it short"

Nicki slowly walked up to the microphone and spoke. "Erm I really don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting anyone to vote for me so thank you to everyone who voted for me and yeah. Thanks"

"And your prom king is..." The drummer again played a drum roll.

"Jason Davis! Everyone give it up for Jason Davis!"

Jason proudly walked through the crowd to the stage. "Thanks for voting for me. I didn't even write a speech," Jason reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I'm joking, I did" The crowd laughed.

"I want to thank my boys and my main man King!" King shouted from the crowd, "Ayeeee"

"Also want to thank my mum and dad for creating a pretty mofo" Everyone cheered for him.

"And lastly, I want to thank my amazing personality for making me so popular. Peace!" He saluted the crowd then we went to stand next to Nicki.

"Elizabeth Brown and James High, I present to you your prom king and queen" Jason grabbed Nicki's hand and they walked to the middle of the stage. They smiled and posed for the photographs.

This is weird. How was I voted prom queen?

"Now it's time for the prom king and queen to dance together" The principal announced.

Jason and Nicki walked to the middle of the dancefloor and the DJ played a slow song for them to dance to. As they swayed, Nicki whispered into Jason's ear, "I know you had something to do with this"

Jason turned them around and whispered back, "I have no idea what you're talking about"

"I know I didn't get enough votes to be prom queen"

"Okay, I admit it. I bribed some people to vote for you"

"But why?"

"I wanted to dance with you but after the other day when you turned me down, I knew you wouldn't."

"How come now you give me so much attention?"

"I heard your friends talking about how you had a crush on me so I thought you still did but obviously not"

The song was almost ending and Jason lightly kissed Nicki's cheek before walking away.

This is seriously so weird.

Nicki walked back to her table to enjoy the rest of the night.

~

"That was sooooo fun" Candi said as she climbed into the limo obviously tipsy.

"I know!" Lauren laughed.

"If your mum's saw you right now you would be dead" Drake said.

"Derrr, that's why we booked a hotel for us to stay in" Candi said and laughed really hard.

"Please help me" Nicki pleaded. 

I wonder who put alcohol in the punch. 

The limo pulled up outside of the hotel they were going to stay in, the limo driver told them they had arrived and wished them the best. Candi rushed to open the door and when it opened she fell out.

Nicki fell back in her chair laughing and so did everybody else. Dominic laughed then opened the other door to help Candi get up on her feet.

After getting checked in, they made their way to their hotel rooms. Each couple had their own suite to share.

"I'm so glad my mum booked the room for me and brought my bag" Nicki said.

"I wish I thought of that, I stuffed my clothes in my handbag" TT told them.

"That's exactly what I did" Lauren said. They were going to see what Candi was going to say but then they remember how out of it she was.

Unknowingly they had arrived to their hotel floor, they got out of the elevator and walked to their hotel rooms. After taking two steps, Nicki made Drake carry her. Dominic was carrying Candi anyway and the rest of them were fine so they could walk themselves.

"Bye" They shouted to each other as they walked into their rooms, closing the door behind them.

~

Drake had taken off his suit and rested his clothes on the back of a chair. He was sat on the edge of the bed shirtless with his eyes closed. Nicki walked out the bathroom wearing just her underwear.

Drake opened his eyes and saw Nicki looking naturally beautiful. He noticed how she had no make-up on and was caught off-guard. She sauntered over to him. When Nicki reached where Drake was, she leaned forward and kissed him. 

"What are you doing?" he mumbled against her lips.

"I just wanted to show you how much I love you" Nicki said then started kissing him again and pushed him down on the bed. Drake grabbed Nicki's waist and flipped them over.

While they kissed, their bodies moved against each others. Nicki lifted her leg up and her shirt rose up. Drake skilfully pulled her shirt off her body without breaking their kiss for more than 5 seconds.

"You're not just teasing me, are you?" Drake pulled away again. Nicki placed her legs on Drake's back and turned them over causing her to be straddling him.

"Nope, no teasing tonight" Drake unhooked her bra and threw it across the room.

This really is my lucky night.




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 pm

    This is my favourite chapter! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this chapter!! And Yasssss for what they about to do ;) Lmaoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was mad cute! I loved it! Hahah they getting It poppin!!

    ReplyDelete