18 May 2013

14. Making Her Mine

The next morning Nicki woke up to her phone alarm beeping after turning it off, she lay back down and was shocked to see Drake asleep next to her. 

"I don't remember falling asleep in Drake's room" She said but then she realised she was in the spare room.

Nicki shook Drake trying to wake him up but he didn't even move.

"Get up!" Nicki shouted.

Drake continued to sleep through Nicki's attempts to wake him up.  Nicki climbed on top of him and then decided to do what she had done the night before; she began to grind on him and got the same result.

Drake's eyes popped open. "Ergh. Not again! You need to stop doing that!" 

"Mmm hmm. What are you doing in here?"

"I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom. When I finished doing my business, I heard you crying so I came in here to see if you were okay. You were crying in your sleep so I got in bed and cuddled you to calm you down. You eventually calmed down but I was too tired to go back to my room so I stayed here"


"That was nice of you. I wonder what I was crying about. I would kiss you but you know, morning breath"

"It doesn't matter" Drake said and closed his eyes puckered his lips.

"I guess not. Give me 2 seconds" Nicki went to the wardrobe to grab a towel then she walked out the room to the bathroom.

Drake still had his lips puckered, he opened his eyes to see he was alone again. "She's such a little teaser" 

He stretched and walked to his room to get his stuff ready while Nicki occupied the shower.

~

30 minutes later, both Nicki and Drake were ready for school.

Nicki had made some toast for her and Drake to share. Drake raced downstairs grabbing a slice and eating it.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Nicki asked after swallowing the toast that was in her mouth.

"School starts in 20 minutes and its 30 minutes away." Drake explained.

"You have a car, you'll be there in less than 20 minutes" 

"If I get caught speeding it's your fault!" Drake warned her then he gave her a quick kiss before dashing out the door.

Nicki shook her head and continued eating her toast. As she was eating the last slice of toast, she remembered something.

Shit. TT!

She grabbed her phone off the counter and quickly sent a text to TT.

* Sorry I forgot to tell you I'm not at home, I'll explain why at school.

After the text sent, Nicki left out a sigh of relief. She then ran upstairs to grab her bag and ran out the door as well. 

~

"So are you going to tell me why you weren’t at home and why I almost was late for school?" TT said.

Nicki raised her eyebrow before answering. "To cut a long story short, my mum's on a business trip and dad and Cai went with her. Jelani's at college so I have to stay at Drake's till Sunday!"

"No way!" Candi said.

"Way" Nicki laughed. "I've been meaning to tell y'all something for a while but I think this is the right time to tell you"

TT, Candi and Lauren waited impatiently for Nicki to continue.

"Drake and I are dating"

Candi's jaw dropped, TT's eyes widened and Lauren was speechless.

Lauren was the first one to break the silence, "Whaaaaat? When did this happen?"

"How long?" TT asked.

"Just over 3 months"

"Shut up! Why didn't you tell us?"

"I only told my parents on Sunday. I wanted to tell them before I told y'all"

"3 months though? That's a bit longer than people normally wait to tell their friends they are dating someone"

"Come on! You're seriously not upset about that, are you?" Nicki asked. Their facial expressions told them what she didn't want to hear or see.

"You took weeks to tell me that Drake had a crush on me! I wasn't upset about that, was I?" Their expressions loosened showing their change in the way they felt.

"See. You have no reason to be upset with me, I love you guys and I would never keep anything a secret from you all. Forgive me?"

"Yes!" They shrieked and crushed her giving her a hug.

"You going to tell us how it happened?" Lauren asked.

~

"Pipe down! I've got to tell you something!" Drake shouted.

When they were silenced, Drake continued. "Remember that girl I was telling you about?"

They nodded. "She's finally mine"

"Yes Drizzy!" Michael shouted.

"My nig!" Vincent said.

The rest of the gang shouted things at him, making Drake feel like someone special.

"Guess what else?"

"What?"

"She's staying at mine for 3 days!"

"Yooo! You're gonna have time to beat that pussy up!" James laughed.

~

After school, Drake was finishing off his homework.

"There is something I need to do but what?"

He finished the work he was doing then he looked through his agenda. It's not homework.

So what could it be? Drake sat down deeply in thought.

"That's it! I still have to ask to Nicki to prom."

It sounds stupid but girls don't automatically go to prom with you if you're dating so I better be safe than sorry.

Drake dialled a number on his phone, "Hey, can you do me a favour?"

~

Nicki was at cheer practice when Ashley told her to sit down.

"What did I do? You're not going to tell me I'm kicked off the team, are you?"

"Nicki, shut up!" Megan, a fellow cheerleader of hers shouted. Nicki was taken back by the comment so she stayed quiet.

Music started play and the cheerleader apart from Nicki got in their positions for the dance. They started by doing the usual dance which consisted of claps and twirls then they broke out into a gymnastic routine. Finally they stood in a line with a sheet of papers in their hands.

"What is this?" Nicki asked herself. Drake suddenly walked though the back entrance of the school's gym but Nicki couldn't see him.

The cheerleaders held up the sheets of paper and all together it spelled out, "Will you go to prom with me?" Nicki's face was priceless, Drake pushed through the cheerleaders and said to her, "so will you?"

After about 2 minutes of silence, Nicki stood up and ran into Drake's arms. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Nicki shouted. Everyone in the gym began to clap and Drake's friends walked in clapping as well.




This probably the shortest chapter I've wrote but the next one's are longer especially chapter 19 :)
Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter, that was the most comments I've had disregarding my question post :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG DRAKE IS SUCH A CUTIE FOR DOING THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW! This chapter was sooooo aborable. Nicki gettin a little freaky on Drizzy though. Yaaaay I cant wait for prom. Drake is the best bf ever. Like he is so thoughtful its not even funnt. Loved the chapter girl. Post when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always seen your posts on Tumblr, but never took the time to actually read this story. I've read up to here, and I really love this story. I particularly think you should extend the story with more chapters or do a sequel. I really loved this chapter and can't wait till its finally prom. Oh, and I loved the way Drake asked her to go to prom! Great chapter, update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww that was so cute!!

    ReplyDelete